Residents can transfer utility service by visiting the City of Modesto Customer Services Division located at 1010 10th Street, Suite 2100, or by phone at 209-577-5395.
To Transfer service you will need the following:
- Any information regarding previous service with the City of Modesto (if applicable)
- Service Address
- Social Security Number
- Valid California Driver's License or ID, for all responsible parties over the age of 18
- Date of Birth
- If Owner - Ownership Papers (Grant Deed or Final Escrow Settlement Statement)
- If Renter - Lease/Rental Agreement
- Deposit: Residential $200, Commercial (based on average monthly billing of location)
- Contact information (phone numbers, mailing address, etc.)
Please Note: If the service is off at the location, the sign-up process must be completed before 3 p.m. to have service restored the same day.