The Modesto Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is designed to help tenants, owners, and managers of rental property keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property.
This program is honest and direct. It is solution-oriented and is designed to be easy, yet very effective in reducing the incident of crime in rental property.
The program utilizes a unique three part approach that ensures the crime prevention goal while maintaining an approach that is very tenant-friendly.
- Phase 1 is an 8-hour training seminar for property managers and owners presented by the police department. Topics include tenant screening, crime prevention, evictions and drug/gang recognition. Attendees receive a certificate upon completion.
- Phase 2 is a security assessment of the rental property to certify that minimum safety requirements have been met.
- Phase 3 is when a tenant crime prevention meeting is conducted and the property then receives full certification.
- Create safer rental properties and neighborhoods
- Enhance security and reduce the fear of crime for residents
- Facilitate a cooperative effort between rental property owners and managers, residents and police to minimize crime
- Promote effective property management through landlord training
- Reduce blight on rental properties
- Reduce police calls for service at rental properties