- Departments & Offices
- Finance Department
- Business Licensing
- Business License Applications and Agreements
Business License Applications and Agreements
Compliance with Senate Bill 205 does not affect all businesses, but all business are required to submit the Stormwater Discharge Compliance Form prior to renewing or applying for a Business License in the City of Modesto.
Applications and Agreements
|Business License Online Application||Required for Home, Commercial and Outside businesses. Only one submission of the Business License Application is required for each business.|
|Printable PDF - Business License Application||Printable PDF submissions may be used instead of the online form, but it must be mailed in. Required for Home, Commercial and Outside businesses.|
|Home Business Agreement Online Form||Required for a Home Business license. Only one submission of the Home Business Agreement is required. You must also submit your Business License Application.|
|Printable PDF - Home Business Agreement Form|
Printable PDF submissions may be used instead of the online form, but it must be mailed in. You must also submit your Business License Application.
|Reactivate Business License for Contractors||If you are a contractor, use this form to reactivate your Business license account when working within the City of Modesto.|
|Request for Circus Application Form||Required for Circus businesses.|
|Request for Carnival Application Form||Required for Carnival businesses.|
|Special Event and Itinerant Application||Required for Special Event and Itinerant (traveling) Vendors|
|Stormwater Discharge Compliance Form||Required for renewing or applying for a business license.|
|Transient Occupancy Registration Permit Application||Required for any hotel renting occupancy to transients.|
Tips for Submitting your Application and Agreement
- Read your information thoroughly to make sure you are submitting a completed and correct application and agreement (if applicable).
- Please be sure that the business start date and owner information are filled in.
- Make sure the application and agreement (if applicable) are signed.
- Mail completed application(s), agreement and payment to: City of Modesto, PO Box 3442, Modesto, California, 95353.
- Make checks payable to City of Modesto, for the appropriate Business License tax (fee). We cannot process incomplete applications or applications returned with incorrect Business License tax (fee).
- Online business license applications will receive an email for the balance due, along with instructions on how to pay online.