The City of Modesto has a coordinated action plan to help get people out of homelessness, receive the support services they need and find permanent housing. Our approach includes the below concepts.
A collaborative approach to respond to and assist the homeless population across City and County boundaries.
- Community standards and reporting
- Law enforcement and social service intervention
- Diversion programs
- Prosecution and detention
Shelter and Housing
The City partners with local shelter and housing providers to connect the homeless to their housing needs.
- Transitional housing
- Permanent supportive housing
- Affordable housing
Programs, Services and Initiatives
The City offers resources and connects people to the services they need.
- Mental health
- Substance use treatment
- Employment/job training
- Supportive services like the Downtown Streets Team