Governance and Service Delivery Goals and Strategies
H. Achieve Financial Sustainability
Achieve long-term financial sustainability.
- Pursue new and alternative revenue sources.
- Apply private and public sector best practice financial strategies.
- Address the City’s pension liability and healthcare costs in alignment with long-term financial goals.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the City’s organization structure to ensure efficient and effective operations and service delivery.
- Review and update the citywide capital improvement plan and deferred maintenance needs.
I. Promote Trust and Engagement
Promote trust and engagement between the community and the City.
- Develop and implement a broad community engagement plan to enhance public dialogue and trust.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the City’s open government/ transparency program.
- Develop a comprehensive neighborhood capacity-building strategy.
- Collaborate with community and civic organizations.
- Develop a multi-lingual communications plan.
J. Build a High-Performance Organization
Build a high-performance organization.
- Develop an innovation and efficiency plan that utilizes private sector best practices.
- Formalize the City’s performance management system.
- Streamline the development review process.
- Commission a comprehensive review of City codes.
- Implement the organizational workforce development and talent management plan.
- Attract and retain high performance employees.
- Explore “Smart Cities” initiatives and develop related policies to leverage technology to address key community needs and interests.