- Boards, Commissions & Committees
Boards, Commissions & Committees
Citizen Advisory Groups research, study and discuss specific issues with both short and long-term implications, forwarding their recommendations to the Council.
To apply for a Board, Commission or Committee, fill out our Online Application.
Citizen Advisory Groups are formed to assist the City Council in making critical policy decisions that impact the community. These groups research, study and discuss specific issues with both short and long-term implications, forwarding their recommendations to the Council.
Citizen input is essential to the success of local government. Those interested in applying for a position on one of the citizen advisory groups can apply online when applications are being accepted for vacancies. Applications are reviewed annually and are considered whenever a vacancy on one of the advisory groups occur.
The City of Modesto believes citizen feedback is essential to providing and maintaining quality services to the Modesto community. Our citizens are our top priority. To meet their expectations, citizen advisory groups, called boards, committees and commissions, are formed to assist the Modesto City Council in making policy decisions that impact the community. These citizen-driven groups research, study and discuss specific issues with both short and long-term implications, forwarding their recommendations to the city council.
The City of Modesto is committed to its mission of maintaining and enhancing the quality of community life by developing an economically vital, culturally rich, safe and attractive community. Only by working hand-in-hand with the community will we be successful in our mission.
Local Appointments List (Maddy Act)
In compliance with Government Code Section 54970 - 54974, the Maddy Act Local Appointment List (PDF) is posted by the City Clerk's Office on or before December 31st each year. Changes to this list may occur during the year due to vacancies, expiring terms, and resignations.
Please call the City Council's Office at 209-551-5597 if you would like information regarding appointments or vacancies.
Agendas & Minutes
Application for Boards, Commissions & Committees
A through C
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Blight Abatement Advisory Committee
- Board of Building Appeals
- Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Cannabis Committee
- Charter Review Committee
- Citizens Housing & Community Development Committee
- Citizens' Transportation Sales Tax Commission
- City Standing Committees
- Community Police Review Board
- Culture Commission
D through F
G through Z
- Golf Courses Advisory Committee
- Housing Rehabilitation Loan Committee
- Human Relations Commission
- Landmark Preservation Commission
- Measure H Oversight Board
- Modesto Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors
- Other Advisory Groups / Ad Hoc Committees
- Planning Commission
- Tuolumne River Regional Park JPA
- Tuolumne River Regional Park Citizens Advisory
- Youth Commission
Local Appointments List (PDF)