- City Council
- About the City Council
- Council Members
- District 2 - Eric E. Alvarez
District 2 - Eric E. Alvarez
Eric was born and raised in Modesto. He spent most of his childhood between Burbank Elementary and completing homework at a corner desk in his parent’s business. He boxed at the Maddux Youth Center at Caesar Chavez Park and played seasonal little league baseball at the Westport Southside Youth Baseball League.
After high school, Eric attended Modesto Junior College, where he served in an elected position on the college’s student government. Eric graduated from the University of Idaho with a double major in Political Science and Spanish and has since worked for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Stanislaus County, Boy Scouts of America, and as a member of the Congressional staff for California’s 10th District. He earned his master’s degree from the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management.
During his government service, Eric co-chaired a Hispanic Advisory Committee, focusing on issues affecting the Hispanic business community. He served as chairman of the Central Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Government Relations Committee from 2018-2022 and as a member of Stanislaus County’s Elections Division Language Accessibility Advisory Committee from 2020-2022. Eric currently works full-time as an Education Policy Associate for Californians Together.
In his free time, Eric enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and exploring the outdoors.
- B.A., Political Science and Spanish (2016)
- Master’s Degree, Political Management (2021)
- Economic Development Committee - Member
- Cannabis Permit Review - Member
Liaison Committee Assignments
- City-county Airport Advisory Committee
- Citizens Housing and Community Development Committee
- LLC - Central Valley Division
- San Joaquin County Air Pollution Control Board - Special City Selection Committee (Alternate)
- Tuolumne River Regional Park JPA Commission