David Wright and his wife, Debra, have been long-time Modesto residents, and have been local business owners for over 36 years. David and Debra have two children and five granddaughters, of which they are very proud. His family moved to Modesto in the early 1970s, and his parents still reside in Modesto.
Council Member Wright is a current member of Modesto Rotary and part of the Modesto Neighborhood Inc. Board of Directors. He previously served on The Salvation Army Advisory Board of Directors and the Teen Challenge Board of Directors.
Council Member Wright has served on several Modesto committees, including as Chair for the Blue Ribbon Commission on Homelessness in 2010, and has served twice on the Modesto Comprehensive Fees Task Force, the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Committee, and the Citizens Housing & Community Development Committee.
- Audit Committee - Vice-Chair
- Cannabis Permit Review Committee - Chair
- Finance Committee - Chair
City Council Liaison Committees
- Blight Abatement Advisory Committee
- City-County Liaison Committee
- North County Corridor JPA
- Stancog Policy Board / Executive Committee
- Stanislaus Regional Transit JPA