- Departments & Offices
- Utilities Department
- Frequently Asked Questions
Utility Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I get more information on groundwater sustainability?
- What is the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act of 2014?
- What authority will groundwater sustainability agencies have?
- Is there any funding available to assist groundwater sustainability agencies?
- When do sustainable groundwater management plans have to be completed and implemented?
- What do I do if a street is flooded?
- How do I report waterwaste?
- My toilet is backed up. Do I call a plumber or the City of Modesto?
- I need to repair my sewer lateral and was informed that the City may have a program to help me. How can I get more information?
- What do I do if I need wastewater or stormwater collection assistance after hours or on a weekend or holiday?
- How do I arrange a sewer hookup?
- How do I sign up for City of Modesto utilities?
- What do I do if I need assistance after hours or on a weekend or holiday?
- Can I go birding at the Jennings Facility?
- How do I arrange a tour at the Sutter Primary Treatment Facility?
- How do I arrange a tour at Jennings Secondary/Tertiary Treatment Facility?
- What do I do about a water leak?
- I see water waste. How do I report it?
- How do I start new water service or stop my service?
- How do I get my water service turned off for repairs? Is there a charge?
- Why am I getting a meter? When will I be billed per metered usage?
- My water pressure seems low. What should my pressure be?
- My water has a bad taste or odor. Is it safe to drink?
- What do I do if I need emergency water service repairs after hours or on a weekend?
- How can I save money on my water bill?
- Why a water rate increase?