Citizen's Salary Setting Commission
The function of the Citizen's Salary Setting Commission is to recommend compensation for the Mayor and members of the City Council, pursuant to Modesto Municipal Code Section 703(b).
- Meeting time To Be Determined (TBD)
March - April, even numbered years.
- Meeting location TBD
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
This board is in the process of being formed. Members will be added once appointed. The term expiration will be December 31st.
The Citizen's Salary Setting Commission shall consist of five qualified electors residing within the City and shall be appointed by the City Council pursuant to the provisions below:
(A) Strong consideration shall be given to composing the Commission of:
- a retired Stanislaus County judge as chairperson;
- one member from a bona fide local taxpayer's association with tax exempt status under the relevant provisions of the Internal Revenue Code;
- one member from a bona fide local nonpartisan political organization, with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, dedicated to encouraging informed and active participation in government;
- one member from, a former Civil Grand Jury who has served in that role within in the previous five years;
- additional members who have demonstrated civic involvement and a capacity to serve in an honest, independent, and impartial fashion.
Qualified electors residing within the City of Modesto. See Modesto Municipal Code, Section 703(b).
Please note that this committee requires a financial disclosure statement (Statement of Economic Interests - Form 700) under State of California laws.